Simple, Clean and Responsive theme focused on Corporate and Blog Websites.Download now and make your website look beautiful everywhere. Read More ...
Toenail fungus is a widespread fungal infection that has some apparent symptoms like brown, yellow or white nail discolouration in one or more toenails. It can rapidly spread and make your nails thicker. The nails often tend to bend at the edges causing pain while walking. Fortunately, there are plenty of nail fungus treatments if you are suffering from such infections. For information related to the solutions for treating nail fungus read more.
Doctors recommend oral medicines like fluconazole or terbinafine to the patients suffering from the fungal disease. The traditional drugs can have severe side effects ranging from dizziness and stomach infections to jaundice and severe skin issues. Thus, people nowadays are either opting for home remedies or laser treatments to cure the contagion.
The infection is not painful in the prior phases. If not treated with time, it may swell and cause difficulty while walking. Thus, it is mandatory to go for frequent treatments as it will stop the fungal growth in the affected area and eventually clear the infection from the nail entirely. You can apply medicated nail polishes and cream or take oral medicines to heal the problem.
Successful precautions that can help you keep away fungal infection
· Avoid walking in moist and warm areas without covering your feet. Always wear flips flops when you are on foot to spas, pools or locker rooms.
· Keep changing your socks throughout the day. Wearing sweaty socks can result in fungal nail infection. Also, ensure that the socks you are wearing are made of synthetic fibre so that it enables moisture to pass through.
· Before putting on your footwear, spray some antifungal powder or spray to keep your toes dry.
· Sanitise the pieces of equipment that you use for a pedicure and never share them with others. You should know that fungal infections are extremely contagious and if you share your nail clipper with an infected person, you can develop the same disease.
· Wash your feet every day without fail and dry them properly before putting on socks. You must also use lotion on your dry skin to avoid cracks that can be an entrance for fungi.
Some home remedies can be effective
If you are unable to afford laser treatment for your fungal infection, then you can also pick some of the home remedies that you feel is suitable for your healing. You must have heard about Vicks VapoRub. It is a relevant gel designed mainly for cough control that comprises eucalyptus oil and camphor. The ointment can be excellent to cure toenail fungus. You need to apply a small amount of it at least once a day on the affected area and experience visible results in only a couple of weeks.
Snakeroot extract is another fantastic alternative to eliminate the fungal infection. You need to apply it twice a week and see desired results at the end of the month. It is apt to say the remedy is as efficient as the ciclopirox medicine to cure the issue. You can also use tea tree oil which is enriched with antiseptic and antifungal abilities to fight against the fungus contagion.